2.10.2024

Rounding Out a Lens Library

Fuji X-T2 & XF 50mm f/2 R WR

My lineup of Fujifilm X-mount lenses had a hole in it... Well, it had a couple holes, actually, but one really mattered to me.

I had a couple good primes: The wide-ish XF 23mm f/2 R WR "Fujicron" and the normal-length Zeiss Touit 32mm f/1.8, as well as a good general-purpose zoom in the XF 16-80mm f/4 R WR. What I didn't have was a dedicated portrait lens. Oh, sure, I had a manual focus Kamlan 50mm f/1.1 that I'd bought on a lark back when my income situation allowed buying lenses on a lark, but it didn't really fill the gap.

Fuji makes three lenses that would do the job I was looking for and were roughly in my price range: The 50mm f/2, 90mm f/2, and (if I really stretched and maybe traded in some old kit) the 56mm f/1.2

Fortunately a used 50mm f/2 R WR "Fujicron" popped up at Roberts downtown here in Indy at a price I could afford, and so I snatched it up.

Now I just need a longer telephoto zoom and I'll have a fairly complete shooting setup. I could do an event  with one bag, the X-T2 and the X-E1 as a backup.

No comments: