11.10.2023

Digicam Pics: Around SoBro with the Nikon Coolpix P7000

Over at Down the Road you'll find a review of Jim Grey's workhorse digicam, the Canon Powershot S95. I can really relate to his enthusiasm for the camera, because it mirrors mine for the Nikon Coolpix P7000. (In fact, the cameras are in such a similar market niche that they were both in a three-way comparison test at DPReview.)

These days, when I almost always have an actual camera on a strap around my neck, the P7000 (it's my second!) doesn't get as much lovin', but I had it out yesterday.


The 6-42.6mm f/2.8-5.6 lens has a field of view equivalent to a 28-200mm zoom on a full-frame camera and a reasonably bright maximum aperture at the wide end.

At 200mm full zoom, the built in vibration reduction in the lens is plenty to offer a nice, crisp view of the SoBrosaurus's noggin, with good surface detail


Check out this mean-looking Audi SQ5 I saw yesterday!


I think I'll carry the P7000 around for a few days and see what it can see...



2 comments:

Jim Grey said...

I love my S95 and will weep openly when it dies.

Tam said...

I know those feels.

When my first P7000 succumbed to grit and dust I tried so many replacements, but wound up getting another one just like it. (And even then, my first one is still sitting on a shelf by my desk. I can’t just send it to the recyclers.)